Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Guest Designer at Frilly & Funkie for "Oh The Places You'll Go! Challenge

Hello everyone,

I have an honor and privilege to announce my Guest Designer spot at Frilly and Funkie for their current challenge: "Oh the Places You'll Go!" I earned this opportunity by winning their Boy oh Boy challenge with this card.

Host of the challenge is Zoe and description of the challenge follows:

Create a vintage or shabby chic project with travel as the central theme. 
Think planes, trains, automobiles, ships, maps, globes.

Well, I thought...planes, trains, automobiles...why not hot air balloon???

And noow, here is what I created as an inspiration contribution:


I started off with vellum doily die cuts, decorated them with tiny rhinestones and added a strip of lace ribbon on one side. Then I layered up various distress patterned cardstock pieces from my stash...and added some more lace ribbon. You can never have too much lace and ribbon!


The hot air balloon was cut out of vintage script cardstock to give it extra shabby vintage feel...I added some cotton rope and bling and inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.


I painted the metal filigree pieces  with Picket Fence Distress Paint to give them more of a shabby chic look.


The sentiment is Chitchat stickers from TH idea-ology.

I hope you will get inspired to join the Frilly and Funkie challenge now even more with this card of mine....

Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by...


13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Samra!! I love your idea to use an hot air balloon for our theme, how wonderful! The banner across the balloon is a lovely addition and all your wonderful layers and laces are stunning! It's an honour to have you as our guest designer at Frilly and Funkie today! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Samra! Love all of your distressed layers! The soft colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I love this Samra, very shabby with a wonderful vintage feel to it. I love the hot air balloon!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your guest design spot, Samra!! And wow, did you knock it out of the park!! This is absolutely stunning!! I love the hot air balloon with the banner!! The cotton rope is a perfect touch!! The vellum doilies look amazing peeking out of the sides!! This is so gorgeous my friend!! I love, love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Samra this card is sooo beautiful !! I loooove baloons! Great work my friend :) xoxo Aneta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, Samra, I love that air baloon so much! What a beautiful shabby vintage card! Love your layering and all the fabulous details! Wonderful work, my friend! Congrats on your GDT spot! It's well deserved! Lots of love to you! Branka xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh Samra, I love this with all of my sparkly heart. I adore hot air balloon creations (and am now wondering why it's been so long since I've made one) and of course yours is unique and beautiful. The layers and trims are complete perfection. Everything you create is overflowing in beauty and inspiration. Congratulations on your Guest Designer Spot! They are blessed to have you. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Samra! Love the hot air balloon! The fancy trimmings and flowers add a nice touch! So elegant and charming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card and love the hot air balloon,great layering and love all the texture
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, Samra, this is breathtaking! I love the softness and thickness of the cotton rope. Your entire card is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really beautiful card Samra, So dreamy looking . love the hot air- balloon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful hot air balloon! Wonderful textures and video Nate details!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your win and GDT spot for Frilly and Funkie! they are so lucky to have you to be there to add extra inspiration! and what fabulous shabby inspiration this is! I love those distressed layers and your hot air balloon is a genius idea and would be a fun way to travel, don't you think? Great little details, too! I adore that banner and the string to tie it up! Perfect finishing touch, but then so are the lace bits and those vellum doilies! Love this! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete