Sunday, December 14, 2014

Home Sweet Home Mixed Media Card

Hello everyone,

I would like to show you my latest creation with mixed media details galore:


I used distress spray ink to create the back panels. I cut three strips of white heavy cardstock, attached them to my cricut cutting mat so that they don't move around while I stain them. I sprayed some distress ink onto a wet paper towel and then dobbed it onto the panels. Now before I did that, I glued some cloud cutouts onto the panels. Once the inked panels were dry, I removed the glued cloud cutouts and had the white clouds on my panels. Pretty cool, huh?


I attached the sky panels onto my card using foam adhesive to give the card extra dimension.


The houses were Cricut cutouts. I used pink cardstock for the houses and then covered them with a very thick layer of Distress Crackle Paint Picket Fence. The panel behind the houses is a piece of white cardstock that I embossed with flower embossing folder, but before I ran the cardstock through my cuttlebug I used a brayer to apply distress ink Worn Lipstick onto the debossed side of the embossing folder.


The sentiment is also a Cricut cutout. I used pink cardstock for a cutout and then covered it with the same crackle paint I used for the houses. I added some crystal blings to it, to give it a little bit more vibrant look.


One more look at the card...

I am entering this card into following challenges:

Freshly Made Sketches #166


Just Us Girls Week #271 Mixed Media

and

The Mixed Media Card Challenge #6 "Home"

I hope you enjoyed this post.
Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by...
Samra

26 comments:

  1. such a cutie!! love the color combination and the surface of the houses! great idea with the panels too! glad you joined in with us at MMCC :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sanna :) I love playing at MMCC :)

      Delete
  2. The front of the houses look so cool Samra. You are so talented!! I have changed hats and am now dropping by from JUGS! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls we so appreciate it! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy :) I am glad that you like my card! I hope to win at Just Us Girls with one of my projects, and yes it is fun to play, but it sure is great to know your creation is liked the best :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my Samra, what a treat! I am getting visions of cotton candy, hmmmmm, must be those fabulous colours you used!!! Your crackle pieces are amazing and I love the masking technique you used to make the clouds! What a great mix of textures and elements, another creative masterpiece from my very talented friend! I sure hope all your holiday planning and preparations are going well! Big holiday hugs until next time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Pamellia, you are too kind! Thank you for all the praise, it sure does feel good to start off the work week with the rays of sunshine that you brought! Thank you again and have a wonderful week! I can't wait to see your next project! Hugs :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful card Samra! Love the soft color palette and all the crackled detail! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mona! It is such an honor to have you visit!

      Delete
  5. Wow! What a uniquely beautiful creation! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful, candy sweet card my friend :) I love it ! p.s your prize was at Kennedy's airport 11th of Dec :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aneta, it is always so good to see you hop over to my blog! I got the prize! Yay! Thank you so very much!

      Delete
  7. I just love the crackle on your pretty houses Samra and the colorful background panels! thank you for joining us in the Mixed Media Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julia :) I am glad that you like my project :)

      Delete
  8. What a adorable little houses! Such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so fun, love the texture and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of the texture and dimension on this! Sweet colors, too. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty!!! Love the crackle houses and your color choice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet - that is the perfect word for your card. Those colors are perfectly girly. I love those little white blooms on the pink panel. And the lace. Thanks for joining us at MMCC this month.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a crackin' sweet card! Terrific dimension, texture with beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete