Friday, August 22, 2014

The Shabby Tea Room #232 "Summer Dreams"

Good Morning everyone,
I was getting ready to start making a card for this challenge when one of my coworkers asked me if I could make a Housewarming card for her sister's vacation cottage. What a coincidence, huh? I am so happy when my cards find a happy home :)
Anyways, here is the challenge inspiration photo:


And this is my response:


I was inspired by the big window in the picture and a some sort of plaque that you can barely see right above it.... I used pink cardstock and Cricut Creative Cards Cartridge to cut out the window which I painted with gesso and then glued onto folded cardstock pieces to create a shadow box. That allowed me to fit my curtains in the window.



I added handmade roses and delicate green branches that kind of mimic the fern plants in the inspiration photo. There is no bird cage in the inspiration photo but I had to add that cute little thing there! :)


Triple green bow was made with seam binding ribbon.


The sign was made on my computer and printed onto white cardstock. I distressed the edges, for extra shabbiness. :)



One more look at the finished card, and as you can see I made a box for the card as well. Almost all of my cards come with a keepsake box due to so much dimension to them. It just does not look right if you try to fit dimensional card into envelope...:(

I hope you enjoyed this post.
Have a fabulous day and thanks for stopping by...

Samra

4 comments:

  1. WOW, WOW, did I say WOW yet? This is so gorgeous! What an amazing take on the photo! I love that you made a window and made it 3d, to boot! Your handmade flowers are simply stunning and I love that you added the little birdcage, it's an adorable embellishment! I want to live behind that pink window!! Just fabulous Samra!! Big hugs to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Pamellia! You are just too sweet! :) Thank you so much for your comment and for stopping by! Hugs :) Samra

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so so pretty....WOW. You have a real eye for detail.......I love your gorgeous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I am humbled by your comment! Thank you so much for stopping by and for joining my blog! I greatly appreciate it. I am glad you like my work. I simply love yours!

    ReplyDelete